Friday, September 6, 2013

No Words


I can’t even bare to tell you the horror that I have gone through today. My heart can’t take much more right now. I went with Jacob, the guard, off to the forest. He was acting weird the entire trip. He’s a sucker for a good joke. I told him the joke about the rabbi walking into a bar and he didn’t even listen to me. How rude! After a few hours by carriage, we finally stopped at, what felt like, the darkest part of the forest. I got out to look around, and when I looked back he had a weapon in his hand. I looked at him confused because I didn’t bring any hunting gear and thought he really should have warned me. Then, Jacob started sobbing. He fell to his knees and told me the craziest story about how the step-monster ordered him to kill me, and bring back my heart in a jewelry box. Who does that? I mean seriously. So, Jacob told me that he was going to put a pig’s heart in the box instead, and to go into the woods and never come back. He kept on begging for my forgiveness, but time felt still and noises were going in and out. I’ve never had this feeling before. My mind went blank. I have no words to describe this feeling of heartache, betrayal, and shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment